– We arrive in the community and establish trusting relationships with the local people.
– We identify formal and informal community leaders.
– We identify people who are interested in participating and dedicated to their community.
– We use participatory dynamics to explore and learn about the resources in the community.
– We analyze the community needs and prioritize them, while learning about individuals’ dedication to their community and setting the groundwork for a baseline study.
– Alongside the community, we study and define high priority needs.
– We emphasize the dedication of the people to their community and the resources they have to solve local problems.
– Together, we design a project with objectives, goals and indicators that allow us to evaluate project impact.
The community actively participates in the project showing a high level of dedication. Amextra provides support in the form of experts and project facilitators who guide the community using methods adapted to the local context, in order to ensure project sustainability.
– Amextra carries out an impact evaluation using data from the baseline study as well as results collected during the short and medium term monitoring phases of the project.
– Along with the community, Amextra reviews the impact evaluation results in order to begin a new project cycle.
``Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will``.
© 2023 Amextra, Asociación Mexicana de Transformación Rural y Urbana A.C. Todos los derechos reservados, México 2017-2023.